Subject: Re: xntp, export/domestic
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Christoph Badura <bad@ora.de>
List: current-users
Date: 04/03/1997 16:20:58
erik@sockdev.uni-c.dk (Erik Bertelsen) writes:
>The following question is raised:

>.  There is also the question of whether or not we want to use just
>.the export version, or to import the non-export version under
>.domestic and the export version into our regular tree.  --cjs

>Unless there is a really good version to take the non-export version,
>I'll strongly recommend to stick to the export version.

The only difference between the export and the non-export version is
that the latter can use DES instead of MD5 to sign the packets.

If it is possible to pick up the non-export authdes.c from /usr/src/domestic
instead of the dummy authdes.c from the normal directory via VPATH, that
would be one solution to the problem.  The other solution is to
use only MD5 to sign packets.

--
Christoph Badura

Now available in print: Lion's Commentary on UNIX 6th Edition, with Source Code
			http://www.peer-to-peer.com/