Subject: Re: /etc/ftpusers
To: Curt Sampson <>
From: Rob Deker <>
List: current-users
Date: 04/01/1997 07:27:40
On Mon, 31 Mar 1997, Curt Sampson wrote:

> I've had a proposal to add a file like /etc/ftpusers that does the
> inverse:  if it exists, only users listed in that file will be
> allowed to log in via ftp. This seems like a good idea to me, and
> to avoid confusion with the names, I've also had a suggestion that
> we should remove /etc/ftpusers entirely, and have /etc/ftp.deny
> and /etc/ftp.allow files instead.
> Has anyone any comments on this?
I personally would prefer to see the allow/deny structure myself as it would
allow for a bit more clarity and functionality...

"Off the keyboard, through the CPU, |
out the transceiver, down the rj45  | Systems Engineer
line, across the router, through    |
the Hub, out the gateway.           |
        Nothing but net."           |