Subject: Re: /etc/ftpusers
To: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 04/01/1997 06:45:40
On Mon, Mar 31, 1997 at 03:05:33PM -0800, Curt Sampson wrote:

> I don't like a hard link as much because it's not nearly so obvious
> that those two files are the same. I really don't like making ftpd
> check two different files.

If you only check for ftp.deny, then how about us who may have ftpusers
in use and never bother to read the ftpd man page when upgrading to NetBSD
1.3?  We'd never know the ftpusers file wasn't being used for anything
(I may not update the files in /etc when I upgrade).

I think it's a good idea to check for the ftpusers file for compatibility.

  -jm

--

                         1503 kHz @ 21:30 EET Mon-Fri

                     ---> http://www.jmp.fi/~jmarin/ <---