Subject: Re: CVS Tree
To: Assar Westerlund <assar@sics.se>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 03/29/1997 09:44:41
On 29 Mar 1997, Assar Westerlund wrote:

> I guess it boils down to differences in the way we would like to track
> sources.  I still think that there could be several ways of accessing
> the master repository:
>
> 1. sup/ftp/whatever the current source (for later cvs importing it)
> 2. anon-cvs
> 3. cvsupd
>
> There's nothing that says that only one can be chosen and that
> different ways of tracking sources can't be supported.

I entirely agree, with the provisio that once you've got cvsup,
you don't really need regular sup. I was under the impression that
you were arguing that it was somehow practical to maintain local
changes in a copy of the master source repository, rather than
importing into a private repository.

cjs

Curt Sampson    cjs@portal.ca		Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.		`And malt does more than Milton can
Vancouver, BC   (604) 257-9400		 To justify God's ways to man.'