Subject: Re: CVS Tree
To: Assar Westerlund <assar@sics.se>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 03/28/1997 21:21:05
On 29 Mar 1997, Assar Westerlund wrote:

> I think `cvsup' is the correct way of maintaining your local changes
> and getting updates from NetBSD cvs-repository.
>
> Having access to anon-cvs fills a different need.

I don't understand what the difference is. In both cases, you do
a checkout from the `master' NetBSD repository (in the cvsup case,
a local copy, in the anon cvs case, the original copy), and then
you import that checkout into your private tree. You cannot make
your changes to your local copy of the master tree in the anon cvs
case; those changes will get written over when cvsup updates from
the original copy of the master tree.

cjs

Curt Sampson    cjs@portal.ca		Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.		`And malt does more than Milton can
Vancouver, BC   (604) 257-9400		 To justify God's ways to man.'