Subject: CVS Tree
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rick Byers <rickb@iaw.on.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 03/27/1997 22:50:24
Hi...

Is there any way to access (read) the CVS tree (like anon-CVS)?  Or is
this a security problem?  I was hoping that CVSROOT was going to be on the
NetBSD ftp server - but I guess thats not the case.  It would be
incredibly usefull to be able to see how something has changed, and the
appropriate log entries.  I currently just sift through source-changes
when I want to know how something has changed - but that seems sort of a
waste of time. It would also be a lot easier to maintain local changes if
I could use CVS.  I havn't seen any indication that this is available, but
I figured I better ask... How do others maintain local changes?  I guess I
could use CVS import on newly supped sources, but going CVS->sup->CVS
seems sort of silly as well..

It would also make it much easier to apply appropriate patches to a 1.2
machine that needs the latest security/bug fixes...

Anyway, no big deal, I figured that I better ask just incase read access
to the CVS tree was available....

Thanks,
	Rick

Rick Byers                                      Internet Access Worldwide
rickb@iaw.on.ca                                      System Administrator
Welland, Ontario, Canada                                    (905)714-1400
http://www.iaw.on.ca/rickb/                         http://www.iaw.on.ca/