Subject: Re: DEC uses NetBSD
To: Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
From: John Birrell <jb@cimlogic.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 03/26/1997 07:32:39
Warner Losh wrote:
> Let me reiterate my offer: I will integrate such patches that others
> come up with to the FreeBSD ports system to make it work on NetBSD.
> So long as those patches don't break the FreeSBD or OpenBSD stuff,
> there should be no problems with this.  I'm already doing this with
> OpenBSD.  I don't have the time or resources to do it myself, however.
> I barely have time to do the work for OpenBSD's ports tree.

AFAIK, Rob Deker <deker@digex.net> has signed up as a NetBSD developer
to work on this, so I suggest that he's the person to work with.

The rest of this discussion has been "had before". The practical thing
to do is to get the FreeBSD ports system to work on NetBSD as is, then
consider enhancing it to satisfy the "oh no, you can't install THERE"
crowd.

I still say: "Just Do It". Swoosh. 8-)

Regards,

--
John Birrell - jb@cimlogic.com.au; jb@netbsd.org
CIMlogic Pty Ltd, 119 Cecil Street, South Melbourne Vic 3205, Australia