Subject: Re: DEC uses NetBSD
To: John Birrell <jb@cimlogic.com.au>
From: Rob Deker <deker@digex.net>
List: current-users
Date: 03/25/1997 18:58:06
On Wed, 26 Mar 1997, John Birrell wrote:

> AFAIK, Rob Deker <deker@digex.net> has signed up as a NetBSD developer
> to work on this, so I suggest that he's the person to work with.

that is true...I was just about to send some mail :)

> The rest of this discussion has been "had before". The practical thing
> to do is to get the FreeBSD ports system to work on NetBSD as is, then
> consider enhancing it to satisfy the "oh no, you can't install THERE"
> crowd.

We're having some conversation about this amongst ourselves. I am relitively
confident that we can work something out that should do "The Right Thing"(tm)
for most people.

rob

"Off the keyboard, through the CPU, | deker@digex.net
out the transceiver, down the rj45  | Systems Engineer
line, across the router, through    |
the Hub, out the gateway.           |
        Nothing but net."           |