Subject: mount_nfs giving "Bad address" error return
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Alex A Sergejew <alex@cortex.mhri.edu.au>
List: current-users
Date: 03/25/1997 20:30:54
I'm sure I'm going to be told I've overlooked something stupidly obvious,
but I just can't see it after a day of staring at it.

Running NetBSD-current on Intel boxen, and nfs mounts to several hosts
around here (eg Irix, Digital Unix, BSDI, and Ultrix) used to work fine.

Now, however, whenever I try nfs mounting from the NetBSD boxen, eg
	mount -t nfs -o nfsv2 host:/remote/dir /nfs/local/dir
I'm always getting an error return
	nfs: /nfs/local/dir: Bad address
The NetBSD boxen are definitely running nfsiod, the remotes accept nfs
mounts from each other just fine, and the boxen accept an nfs mount OK.
I've rebooted everything, checked host names in /etc/hosts, checked with
showmount -e that everything is sane, but NetBSD mount_nfs seems to have
broken (or I have).

The intro(2) man pages are a bit cryptic in what "Bad address" means, and
I'm totally stumped.  Can someone please give me some hints, eg what
specifically to check?

With thanks in anticipation,
Alex.
--
Dr Alex A Sergejew, Mental Health Research Institute of Victoria,      _--_|\
Private Bag 3, Parkville, Vic 3052, Australia.                        /      \