Subject: Re: DEC uses NetBSD
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: Rob Deker <deker@digex.net>
List: current-users
Date: 03/20/1997 18:13:19
On Thu, 20 Mar 1997, der Mouse wrote:

> >> I personally don't like monolithic packages.  [...]
> > [...]
> > I'd anticipate having a couple of different jumbo-packs, actually.
> > An `essentials' one with ssh, perl, pine, emacs, top, etc.,
>
> Here we see one of the problems with jumbo-packs.  Only two of the five
> "essentials" you list are things I'd even wast^H^H^H^Hdevote any disk
> space to, never mind consider "essential".

so they can also be made available seperately. Reallt folks, what is the point
in arguing about this any more? There are folks that are interested in it. Let
us work on it. You don't have to use it if you don't want to. Period.

rob

"Off the keyboard, through the CPU, | deker@digex.net
out the transceiver, down the rj45  | Systems Engineer
line, across the router, through    |
the Hub, out the gateway.           |
        Nothing but net."           |