Subject: Re: DEC uses NetBSD
To: Ty Sarna <tsarna@endicor.com>
From: Rick Kelly <rmk@rmkhome.rmkhome.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/20/1997 14:23:59
Ty Sarna said:

>I'm quite willing to trust packages built by somone trusted by core,
>along with a crypto-signed certificiate to make sure I got the real
>thing, especially since I'm already trusting a number of "someones
>trusted by core" anyway, even if I build NetBSD from source myself,
>since there's no way I'll ever have time to examine all the source.

I would just hate to download a binary package only to find that it is
an old, buggy version.  This goes for source as well. On ftp.NetBSD.ORG,
top-3.3-netbsd.tar.gz is only useful for NetBSD 1.1 or 1.0A.  It has
problems figuring out memory usage on NetBSD/i386 1.2 and NetBSD/sun3
-current.  I'm using top-3.4 on those systems.
--
Rick Kelly	rmk@rmkhome.com	    rmk@tencats.rmkhome.com
                http://tencats.rmkhome.com