Subject: Re: DEC uses NetBSD
To: John Birrell <jb@cimlogic.com.au>
From: Rob Deker <deker@digex.net>
List: current-users
Date: 03/20/1997 03:45:08
On Thu, 20 Mar 1997, John Birrell wrote:

> Chris G. Demetriou wrote:
> [..]
> > If i'm given a way to easily build binaries and a place to put the
> > results, I know that i'd build alpha binaries and my users would be
> > all the better off for it.
>
> And these binaries are outside the NetBSD release process too, right?
>
> The build support (like .mk files etc) should go in the tree, but
> *nothing* else.

I don't think that is something which is at issue here. Nobody wants to pollute
the source tree with cruft. I think that the "place to put the results" was
more of a "which ftp site" thing.

rob

"Off the keyboard, through the CPU, | deker@digex.net
out the transceiver, down the rj45  | Systems Engineer
line, across the router, through    |
the Hub, out the gateway.           |
        Nothing but net."           |