Subject: Re: DEC uses NetBSD
To: Rob Deker <deker@digex.net>
From: Jesus M. Gonzalez <jgb@gsyc.inf.uc3m.es>
List: current-users
Date: 03/20/1997 09:42:01
Rob Deker writes:
 > I've looked a little bit at the FreeBSD ports methedology, and I think it's
 > pretty nifty. It does make it a bit of a pain to just "go get the source"
 > (ie. I wanted somethign from the FreeBSD ports collection because they
 > had it. I wanted to compile it under SunOS though and finding the source
 > for it was a bit wierd.) Let's see if we can sketch something out on
 > how to organize it and I can put it up on our ftp server here (ftp.digex.net)
 > once we figure it out. I should also have a LOT more disk space on that
 > machine to play with soon.....

	I find quite interesting having the source (original source,
unpatched for NetBSD, with diff for NetBSD if necesssary as a separate
element) available. RedHat and Debian distributions provide it
to some degree... Maybe looking also at their tools could be worthy.

		Jesus.

--
Jesus M. Gonzalez Barahona         | addr.:  c/ Butarque, 15
Grupo de Sistemas y Comunicaciones |         28911 Leganes, Spain