Subject: Re: DEC uses NetBSD
To: Rob Deker <deker@digex.net>
From: Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
List: current-users
Date: 03/19/1997 22:56:00
In message <Pine.SUN.3.94.970319212835.5224O-100000@nyx.digex.net> Rob Deker writes:
: This is true. We shoudl see if OpenBSD/FreeBSD folks want to work with us
: and just get on big *BSD ports collection going. Who would I talk to about
: this in OpenBSD/FreeBSD land?

Hmmmm, that depends.  The FreeBSD maintainer of bsd.port.mk is
asami@freebsd.org, while the OpenBSD maintainer is typing this
message.  For global issues, drop us a line.  There are already some
NetBSD mods in the FreeBSD tree, but I don't know the exact state of
NetBSD support.  I get the impression that the FreeBSD folks are way
open to having other system tweaks in the tree.

For specific ports, each port Makefile has a MAINTAINER that should be
consulted.

There are likely many issues with systems other than FreeBSD, but
those are just bugs :-).

Warner