Subject: Re: DEC uses NetBSD
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@druid.net>
List: current-users
Date: 03/19/1997 23:18:50
>     I also use the FreeBSD ports for the same thing.  They've made it
>     harder to find the home sites recently, so I agree that such a
>     list would be useful.

I started setting up such a list but haven't filled it in.  NetBSD
has an issue that the others don't have, the multi-platform aspect.
I have set up a database to track packages and where they are ported.
I set up a web page which I expected Phil Nelson to point to according
to email we had.  Perhaps he expected me to have a full page first
but I was hoping to put up the page and get input from others.

The page I have so far is at http://www.druid.net/darcy/netbsd/packages.html.
You can see the database definitions by looking at the db.df file at
http://www.druid.net/darcy/netbsd/db.df.

If people start sending me information, I'll start filling in the database.
Comments on the methodology welcome too.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain                           |  Democracy is three wolves
darcy@{druid.net|vex.net}                  |  and a sheep voting on