Subject: Re: Problem with inetd & libwrap?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: William O Ferry <WOFerry+@CMU.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 03/17/1997 13:44:52
Excerpts from internet.computing.netbsd.current-users: 17-Mar-97 Re:
Problem with inetd & li.. by David Brownlee@mono.org
>         Did you build a new klernel first - you should _always_ build a
>         new kernel before a new userland (modulus occasional new versions
>         of make, config etc, but those should be built with the old
>         includes, then the new kernel built & booted, then the userland
>         built with 'make build')

    Yep, a new kernel was the first thing I did.  At first I thought that
select() was broken in the new kernel.  But I dropped back to a kernel from
a week ago and it didn't work either.  Then I tried the 1.2 release inetd
with the -current kernel, and it worked fine.  It really seems to be the
inetd in -current, all other programs that use select() seem to work just
fine.  Any other thoughts?

                                                          Will Ferry

William O Ferry <woferry@CMU.EDU> | finger:  woferry@WarpDrive.RES.CMU.EDU
talk:  finger for online status   | http://warpdrive.res.cmu.edu/~woferry/