Subject: Re: tcp-wrappers, tcpd, and NetBSD
To: David Jones <dej@inode.org>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
List: current-users
Date: 03/15/1997 05:49:53
David Jones <dej@inode.org>  wrote:
 > ipfilter is nice, but the documentation sucks, and the filter rule
 > compiler will generate completely incorrect code without any warnings in
 > many cases.

I agree that the documentation needs a little more work... It took me a
couple of days (intermitantly) to setup my first one.. I think "ipmon"
needs to be renamed to "iplmon" for orthogonality...

But let me ask you, when you found what you considered to be a problem
in the compiler, did you file a PR? If, as you say, you've found many
cases, then it shouldn't be too difficult to cite one of them...