Subject: Re: tcp-wrappers, tcpd, and NetBSD
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Tim Rightnour <TIM_R@cii.ciinet.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/14/1997 15:36:23
On 14 Mar 97 at 11:56, Jason Thorpe wrote:

#>...NetBSD has no need to ship tcpd - we include libwrap in NetBSD-current,
#>and have modified inetd to work with it directly.  All you need to do
#>is create the /etc/hosts.{allow,deny} files.  There is no need to
#>modify /etc/inetd.conf to use this feature.

I was not aware, and in light of that, thats great.  I do have one
question though, and that is, can our wrapper stuff do reverse ident
lookups on incoming connections?  tcpd and identifyd have this
feature, which I feel is very handy for seeing who has dropped by.
The other side of that being, if they do allow reverse ident lookups,
can we deny/allow certain users@hosts individually, or is it an all
or nothing thing there?

Tim Rightnour - timr@cii.ciinet.com
Communications Integrators Inc