Subject: PPP with chap authentication
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@rumolt.teuto.de>
List: current-users
Date: 03/06/1997 21:16:37
Is anyone successfully using CHAP to authenticate?

I have two connections wich allow either PAP or CHAP, both work
with PAP and don't work with CHAP. One is to a Cisco 1003, the other
to some kind of NetBlazer. If I understood "man pppd" right, I can
simply do "cd /etc/ppp; mv pap-secrets chap-secrets" to switch between
both protocols.

Is this a incompatibilty between our pppd and the other implementation
(the NetBlazer one seems to be quite broken, I had a real hard time to
configure which options may and which may not be negotiated).

Any hints?

Martin