Subject: An oops in moving to current.
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David Gilbert <dgilbert@jaywon.pci.on.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 03/06/1997 11:23:20
	Well... having followed the 1.1 current for a long time, I
decided it wouldn't be too hard to chase the 1.2 current to get my
serial changes.  In general, the make process is very much improved
(once I figured out that my target to make was now 'build').  However,
pppd failed to build and some time later (before I got back to fixing
pppd), I had to reboot.

	I was somewhat distressed to find that I couldn't login.
Turns out that portmap and inetd are both dumping core on an illegal
system call.  I gather this is in the new libraries that this process
felt like installing in /usr/lib.  I certainly did not expect 'make
build' to produce this.

	At any rate, I'm letting things continue (I spawed a few
xterms from the console so that I would at my normal desk) and am
hoping to get the old (386-40) thing back working sometime soon.

	The pppd bug, BTW had to do with the grammar.c file that yacc
produces.  Any fixes for this?

Dave.

|Mail:      dgilbert@jaywon.pci.on.ca         |  equal if and only if they |
|http://www.pci.on.ca/~dgilbert               |   are precisely opposite.  |