Subject: Re: How do I log the errors on pppd???
To: Jonathan Lyons <lelsoft1@usa.nai.net>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@pgoyette.bdt.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/03/1997 17:32:34
How many times have I said this in the last few days?

Add the following lines to /etc/syslogd.conf:

daemon.*	/dev/console
local2.*	/dev/console

Then, find the process ID for syslog, and type

kill -HUP <pid-for-syslog>

daemon is for logging the debug messages from pppd, while local2 is to log
the messages generated from chat with the -v option.

On Mon, 3 Mar 1997, Jonathan Lyons wrote:

> When connecting using pppd exactly how do I log the errors? I know I have
> to put -v somewhere, but I'm not using the command line, like "pppd
> noipdefault connect modem '/etc/ppp/ppp-chat -v' 57600" so I can't put it
> there. The only places I think I can put it is the chat script. But then
> what does it log the errors to?
>
> Well, thanks.

| Paul Goyette       | PGP Public Key fingerprint:  | E-mail addresses:      |
| Network Consultant |     0E 40 D2 FC 2A 13 74 A0  |  paul@pgoyette.bdt.com |
| and kernel hacker  |     E4 69 D5 BE 65 E4 56 C6  |  paul_goyette@ins.com  |