Subject: NFS V3 problems?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John Kohl <jtk@kolvir.arlington-heights.ma.us>
List: current-users
Date: 03/01/1997 16:51:28
I was using NFS V3 to update a private CVS tree from my own private
repository, and I kept getting weird directory errors.  The first time
it complained that some directory in the repository didn't exist
(although I could see it when I ran 'ls' just after cvs bailed out), and
then it complained about failing to create a read lock.

When I remounted the repository using NFS V2, things worked just fine.

NFS Client: i386 -current (pcmcia ne2000 clone ethernet, 75MHz pentium CPU)
NFS server: i386 -current (SMC 8432 (dc21040) ethernet, 100MHz pentium CPU)

==John