Subject: Netatalk ready for beta test
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG, netbsd-atalk@fugue.com, wesley.craig@umich.edu,>
From: Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.stanford.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 02/24/1997 12:27:56
I'm pleased to announce that the port of Netatalk to NetBSD is ready for
serious beta testing. I think it's mostly all ok, but I want folks to
check it out.

There is a how-to, a patched copy of netatalk1.4b2, and two files of
patches at: ftp://toccata.fugue.com/pub/netbsd-atalk/beta1.970220 .
Note: these patches are relative to 1.2, not current, I hope to have
-current patches up soon.

Bugs:

Phase 1 doesn't work. For some reason, while setting up phase 1, the
requested address gets into the kernel wrong.

There are some warnings while compiling (two "suggest () around assignment
as truth", an unused variable, and (on mac68k) an unprototyped function).
The kernel will still compile, and work fine. These warnings will be fixed
before the next beta. :-)

Some folks have reported that file copying is SLOW. I think the FreeBSD
folks had the same problem, and I'll look into the solution.

So let me know what you thing!

Take care,

Bill