Subject: Re: if_ep heads-up [Re: NFS root doesn't work with 3c590]
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/20/1997 20:09:30
> Anyway, I think the argument about output-line count is subjective and
> biased. Look how many lines of console output SCSI controllers like
> the bha driver produce.  For some of us (e.g., those running diskless
> :)) the network interface is at least as important.
>
> Comments?

100% agreement here.  Except for a minor thingy..  Why can't the
NetBSD driver figure out the interface like the FreeBSD one.. :)
I thought the reason we printf'd was to provide *more* debugging
info?  At the very minimum, I think that kernels with DEBUG or
DIAGNOSTIC should continue to be "verbose" with printf's, and those
users that want more tidy output can remove them from the config
file.  Following the diskless argument, the selected media is
*very* important to know if there is a problem.

-Andrew