Subject: Mounting of a "pure" msdos partition
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@awadi.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 02/19/1997 18:31:58
Folks,
        I have a 200Meg hard disk that is purely msdos - no netbsd
partitions on it at all.  Once upon a time (I think back in the days
of 1.1-current) I was able to get the kernel to mount the drive by
simply doing a "disklabel -R /dev/sd3d sd3_disk_label", the disklabel
would bitch about there being no partition information on the disk but
the kernel seemed happy it knew about the disk and would mount it.

I cannot do this with -current, the method above no longer works.  Is
there any way that I can get back the old behaviour?  At least
temporarily so that I can do a backup of the disk.  I did spend quite
a bit of time stuffing around with labels vs fdisk previously and
always seemed to trash the dos partition so I am wary of going down
that path without some sort of backup.

  "Upgrading your memory gives you MORE RAM!" - ad in MacWAREHOUSE catalogue.