Subject: getty and cua/tty setup
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jon Buller <jonb@metronet.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/18/1997 22:13:02
Could someone give me a bit of help with the proper setup of
gettytab, ttys, ttyflags, etc.  The pc532 port recently switched
to a new, and much better, serial port driver.  However, it has
not been put through an extremely large amount of testing, so it
may have a bug.  On the other hand, I haven't setup a serial port
to do both dial-in and dial out in a long time, and I probably
missed something.

The symptoms I have are that after I drop a PPP connection on
/dev/cua02 getty reports that it had an interrupted system call.
Sixty seconds later, getty asserts DTR, and then if I try to dial
in, the phone rings, the modem answers, looks at DTR, drops the
line (before the telco sees the off-hook) and does it all again on
the next ring...

Should getty be asserting DTR against a modem?  I'd like to use
DTR to reset the modem after the call is finished, implying that
getty should wait for DCD or DSR to assert DTR...  Should I be
using something other than getty?

Jon Buller <jonb@metronet.com>

P.S.  I recently unsubscribed to current-users due to my wife
repeatedly complaining about how much time I was spending on this
*#$(* computer.  8(  Therefore, please keep me in the cc: or to:
fields for this thread...