Subject: problems with new "config netbsd root on ?"
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <gwing@primenet.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 02/17/1997 13:59:45
Heyla,  I've been waiting to see if this problem has been cleared up since
the end of January but nothing seems to have happened, and all kernels since
then have exhibited the problem.

My problem situation:
i386, two hard drives (wd0, wd1), boot off wd1, swap on wd0 & wd1

Original configuration (from memory, the machine is elsewhere):
config netbsd root on wd1 swap on wd0 and wd1

New configuration (memory again):
config netbsd root on ?

The original configuration works fine.
The new configuration has a couple of problems:

% swapon /dev/wd0b  # (or -a since it's in my /etc/fstab)
swapon: /dev/wd0b: device not configured

and I can't activate that swap at all.

Also, in /etc/rc (during fsck, but maybe from an earlier (kernel?) thing)
I get a kernel message about a lost interrupt on one of the drives, though
that's the only time and it doesn't seem to affect anything.

(I didn't send this through gnats or to bugs list since I assume it's
still being developed).

Any help/feedback appreciated.
Until then, I'll be making seperate kernels for my machines.
Thanks.
--
Geoff Wing [gwing@primenet.com.au]   Technical Manager
  Phone    : +61-3-9818 2977         PrimeNet - Internet Consultancy