Subject: Re: -current kernel hangs/init busy loops
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Christoph Badura <bad@flatlin.ka.sub.org>
List: current-users
Date: 02/17/1997 01:00:00
 scotte@warped.COM (Scott Ellis) writes:
>The symtoms are...

>When booting with GENERIC, init runs, and then it loops on
>'init got Signal 10'.  L1-A into the kernel ddb, and do a 'ps', shows that
>only init, swapper, and pagedaemon are running.

Then, perhaps I'm not alone.  But I'm using 486.

My kernels boot up to the point where it prints that it has configured
fd0 and hangs there.  Next it would print the message about ttymask,
netmask and biomask, but that message doesn't appear.

I'm unable to enter DDB to.  Even hitting CTL-ALT-ESC during
autoconfiguration doesn't enter DDB.
--
Christoph Badura	bad@flatlin.ka.sub.org

You don't need to quote my .signature.  Everyone has seen it by now.
Besides, it doesn't add anything to the current thread.