Subject: Re: ethernet prob
To: Tim Lashua <tim@ebf.com>
From: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
List: current-users
Date: 02/16/1997 19:44:32
tim@ebf.com (Tim Lashua) writes:

> i have an SMC Etherpower 10/100 pci card.  frequently -- about half
> the time -- when i boot it will be put in 100Mb mode.  this happens
> running netbsd 1.2 -- i'm working on installing -current now.  i don't
> have that problem with hurd/mach.

It seems that someone broke the driver's autoselect.  I have
put version 1.7 of sys/dev/ic/dc21040reg.h and version 1.30 of
sys/dev/pci/if_de.c on http://www.flame.org/NetBSD/ -- be certain
you put them in the right place, and they should be used on -current.
Using them on 1.2 prolly won't work at all.

Those versions work for me.  Between 1.30 and 1.31, if_de.c has changed
quite a bit, and I don't know where to begin looking for a bug in there
yet.

--Michael