Subject: recent changes cause vm problems?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Thorsten Frueauf <s_frueau@ira.uka.de>
List: current-users
Date: 02/15/1997 15:45:35
Hello!

Is it possible that some changes at 13.2.1997 to sys/vm/* introduced
some problems?

I noticed this on NetBSD/i386, one time my ppp script just hang, and the
script was unkillable.

Second time, my build script for the NetBSD source tree hang (at the
point where it should do a `make install` in /src/usr.bin/vi, but I
think this is not the problem).

I rebooted with a kernel before those changes and got no problems so
far. Never had this problem before too.

I also noticed that the machine slowed down when using applications that
eat many memory (e.g. netscape) in an unusual way.

My machine is a Toshiba Tecra 500CDT with 16 MB. I think this is related
with the machine using many swap space.

Anyone has seen this too? Any ideas/hints? I dunno how to express it
better, cause I was not able to have a sure way to reproduce it. The
machine just feels strange with a kernel build with those changes.

Thanx for any help in advance!

Greets
      Thorsten
--