Subject: Using the scanner interface /dev/sc0
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Clarence Wilkerson <wilker@MATH.Purdue.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 02/11/1997 08:14:10
I got a new HP ScanJet 5P and am trying to hook it up to my Sparc IPX
NetBSD-current machine. I configured a kernel with ss* enabled, and
recompiled. I added a couple of strings to the detection routines
in /usr/src/sys/scsi, and the scanner is correctly reported on boot up :

Feb 10 19:41:04  /netbsd: ss0 at scsibus0 targ 5 lun 0: <HP, C5110A, 3638> SCSI2
 3/processor fixed
Feb 10 19:41:04  /netbsd: ss0: HP ScanJet 5P

Now I need to know:

1) the correct mknod parameters for /dev/ss0

2) is this device a "pint" compliant interface? An/or how can I scan ?

Thanks. I broused the kernel sources and couldn't find the device
number info.

Clarence Wilkerson