Subject: Re: multi-port ethernet adapters.
To: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
From: Kevin M. Lahey <kml@nas.nasa.gov>
List: current-users
Date: 02/05/1997 12:55:53
In message <199702051725.KAA27923@lager.beer.org>Herb Peyerl writes
>Does anyone have any experience with multi-port ethernet adapters and
>NetBSD? I'm thinking more specifically of like a 4 port PCI adapter
>for the i386 or alpha ports...
>
>Manufacturer/model recommendations? approximate price?

I've got a Zynx ZX346 on order for $799 or so;  this is a four-port
Fast Ethernet PCI card.  Looks pretty sweet.

You can also apparently get a daughter card for it with an i960 on it.
They provide code for the daughter card to make the card a little
four-port switch, but you could upload your own code to it, which could
be fairly entertaining...

When I get the card(s), I'll let you know how they look.

Kevin