Subject: Re: Problem trying to XCompile a mac68k kernel on an i386
To: Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.stanford.edu>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@CS.cmu.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 02/03/1997 19:14:54
> After conquering many irritating problems, I've run into a small problem
> which I don't see how to solve. lorder isn't happy with gnu's nm.
>
> [ ... ]
>
> The problem is that the lorder script (which is the same as the -current
> lorder script) relies on getting the file name followed by just a ":".
>
> Is there an easy way to get gnu-nm to do this? I looked at its man page,
> and couldn't tell.

So, i don't know how to get it to do that, if you can.

_however_, there's a workaround.  8-)

You'll note that there exists /usr/src/usr.bin/lorder/lorder.sh.gnm,
which is installed rather than the normal lorder.sh on certain
platforms (in particular, those where ${MACHINE_ARCH} == "alpha" ||
${MACHINE_ARCH} == "mips").

It should _probably_ be safe to use the lorder.sh.gnm script with the
NetBSD native nm, but i'm not 100% sure.  If it is indeed safe, then
lorder.sh.gnm could replace lorder.sh.

cgd