Subject: Problem trying to XCompile a mac68k kernel on an i386
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.stanford.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 02/03/1997 15:58:55
Howdy!

As the subject says, I'm trying to get into XCompiling. I'm using gcc
2.7.2.1 and binutils 2.7, both configured for --target=m68k-apple-netbsd,
with host=i386-unknown-netbsd. I want to compile kernels.

As I can't follow -current at the moment, I'm using 1.2 source, but the
problem involces a file which hasn't changed.

After conquering many irritating problems, I've run into a small problem
which I don't see how to solve. lorder isn't happy with gnu's nm.

Basically if I say netbsd-nm file1.o file2.o, I get:

file1.o:
file1.o: poo1

file2.o:
file2.o: poo2

while with gnu-nm file1.o file2.o I get

file1.o: poo1
file2.o: poo2

The problem is that the lorder script (which is the same as the -current
lorder script) relies on getting the file name followed by just a ":".

Is there an easy way to get gnu-nm to do this? I looked at its man page,
and couldn't tell.

Thanks!

Bill