Subject: Re: shared libraries
To: Scott Reynolds <scottr@plexus.com>
From: Grzegorz Wojtowicz <grzesiek@ajax.umcs.lublin.pl>
List: current-users
Date: 02/03/1997 13:55:30
On Tue, 28 Jan 1997, Scott Reynolds wrote:

> On Tue, 28 Jan 1997, Grzegorz Wojtowicz wrote:
>
> > Porting software from other OS's to netbsd makes me sometimes spend a lot
> > of time. Apart from the fact that its poor POSIX compliant the problems
> > arise when i have to patch original include files.
>
> I understand that's not the point of your original message, which I can't
> comment on, but could you expand on the above paragraph a little?  I know
> some people that would be _very_ interested to know where NetBSD's POSIX
> compliance breaks down.
>
> Thanks,
>
> --scott

Hi.
Thanks to all who have responded and sorry about that time lag with my
response.

Im not an expert of POSIX standard but i was doing this rethinking after
looking at some include and makefiles from SunOS.
I cant tell exactly where POSIX compliance breaks down at this moment,
gotta check this deeply tonight but if memory serves there were some small
differences with  omsghdr structure and Socket Calls(sendmsg,recvmesg)
if it got sth. to do with POSIX (!??).
maybe this "posix compliant" has sounded too seriously.sorry about that.

Greetings
		gelo.