Subject: Re: README: setroot changes that affect you!
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Kevin P. Neal <kpneal@pobox.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/01/1997 20:42:08
At 05:29 PM 2/1/97 -0800, Jason Thorpe wrote:
>On Sat, 01 Feb 1997 20:23:28 -0500
> "Kevin P. Neal" <kpneal@pobox.com> wrote:
>
> > Is there a way to say:
> >
> >    config root on sd0a swap on sd0b then sd1b then sd2b and sd3b
> >
> > This could be useful. What if you have a drive or two that is really fast,
> > and a couple of dog slow ones. You want to swap to all of them, but hit the
> > fast drives first?
>
>Yes, though not the way you think :-)
>
>options SEQSWAP
>config netbsd root on sd0a swap on sd0b and sd1b and sd2b and sd3b
>
>SEQSWAP == sequential swap.

Ah. No way to mix them?

     config root on sd0a swap on sd0b then sd1b then (sd2b and sd3b)

Oh well.

> > What if, instead of being a drive, it's a region of RAM that is slower than
> > normal RAM (ie: 16 bit RAM in a 32 bit Amiga). It'd be nice to swap to that
> > before hitting a disk.
>
>Uhh...  :-)  Well, that's harder, and I'm not sure I want to be the one
>to make changes to config(8) to make it understand that :-)

*grabs todo list, flips through all the pages, adds note at bottom of last*
--
XCOMM Kevin P. Neal, Junior, Comp. Sci.    -   kpneal@pobox.com
XCOMM  House of Retrocomputing:            -   kpneal@eos.ncsu.edu