Subject: Re: README: setroot changes that affect you!
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: current-users
Date: 01/30/1997 23:48:20
On Thu, 30 Jan 1997 23:25:11 -0800
 Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov> wrote:

 > # File systems
 > file-system     FFS             # Berkeley Fast Filesystem
 > file-system     MFS             # memory file system
 > file-system     NFS             # Network File System
 > file-system     CD9660          # ISO 9660 + Rock Ridge file system
 > file-system     FDESC           # /dev/fd
 > file-system     KERNFS          # /kern
 > file-system     PROCFS          # /proc
 > file-system     UNION           # union file system

...I suppose I should have mentioned... the file system names are
case-insensitive, and are treated as lower-case by config(8).  These
lower-case names are used to build the list of legal file system types
which may be specified on the "config netbsd ..." line(s).  So:

file-system	ffs
 - and -
file-system	FFS

are treated exactly the same by config(8).

Note, config(8) still causes -DFFS (in this example) to be used when
building the kernel.

Ciao.