Subject: Re: random signals kill my processes with -current
To: None <perry@piermont.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: current-users
Date: 01/27/1997 14:04:48
On Mon, 27 Jan 1997 16:49:21 -0500
 "Perry E. Metzger" <perry@piermont.com> wrote:

 > The 4.4 book claimed that most 4.4. ports already had a guard page at
 > the end of the kernel stack -- I was unaware that this was not the
 > case any longer.

So, the hp300 port had this long ago... it was a bit easier to do
in 4.4BSD because of the double-mapping of the kernel stack.  I.e.
the "guard page" address never changed, because the kernel stack
for all processes was mapped to the same address (kstack) upon
context switch.

When kstack went away, the stack checking stuff was garbage-collected.