Subject: Re: com "silo overflow" messages
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Christian Kuhtz <>
List: current-users
Date: 01/21/1997 19:31:49
On 21 Jan 1997 23:59 +0100, (Christoph Badura) wrote:
> raeburn@raeburn.ORG (Ken Raeburn) writes;
> >I've been having problems off and on with silo overflow messages for a
> >long time.
> Have you tried reducing the FIFO trigger level to 8 or 4 in the com
> driver?

If you have problems with silo overflow messages, you might be suffering from
interrupt loss.

In that case, reducing the FIFO interrupt threshold to 4 characters until an
interrupt requests pickup of the FIFO stored data, will send you straight to

Best regards,
Christian Kuhtz <>
"Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious." - unknown