Subject: Changes to libc YP code
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: current-users
Date: 01/21/1997 17:41:44
Just a heads-up...

I've committed some changes to the C library which should improve
performance and reliability of the YP subsystem on busy networks.
The first of these changes was to arrange the RPC the YP timeouts
such that RPC has a chance to retry the transaction before the YP
timeout expires.  The second was to use yp_match() in getgr{nam,gid}().

I've tested these changes on my SPARC and P6 systems... let me know if
you have any problems with them.

Ciao.