Subject: getting old current up to date
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: maillist alias for CWW <netbsd@hopf.math.purdue.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 01/21/1997 14:27:37
I have a working Dec 9 or so of -current for my Sparc.

When I started back after break, I decided to start over
with a brand new sup of the source tree.

I have not been able to do a clean build since early
January. I get a bewildering collection of error messages
regarding missing files and undefined modifiers. For example,
in trying to make a new kernel, I am stopped here:

making sure the stand-alone library is up to date...
Unknown modifier 'Q'

Unknown modifier 'Q'

Unknown modifier 'Q'

Unknown modifier 'Q'

Unknown modifier 'Q'

make: don't know how to make alloc.c. Stop
*** Error code 2

so given that I can start with December current binaries
and today's sup, what's the proper way to do a complete
new build?

thanks, Clarence Wilkerson