Subject: Re: Creating MS-DOS filesystems
To: None <flipk@idea.exnet.iastate.edu>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Holo.Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: current-users
Date: 01/21/1997 10:58:52
> Actually, I often wonder about the need for such tools as DOS
> formatters and filesystem checkers for UNIX; I mean, where does it
> stop?  Do we need a formatter for ext2fs? NTFS? DEC AdvFS?  =-)

Speaking of which...if anyone who can talk knows anything about how
AdvFS filesystems are laid out on-disk, I'd love to talk about it.  I
know a site that's using my tar for backups, going direct-to-disk for
file contents on FFS filesystems to avoid touching atimes and ctimes,
and it could be cool to be able to do the same for AdvFS.

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca