Subject: Re: strange behaviour of apmd
To: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@CS.cmu.edu>
From: Thorsten Frueauf <s_frueau@ira.uka.de>
List: current-users
Date: 01/15/1997 12:28:27
Hello!

> So, there have been several failure modes reported with the 'wd'
> driver in combination with suspend/resume on laptops.

Urgs :/ Are there more recommended unofficial patches?

> The patch below fixed all of them for me.  If it fixes the problem for
> you, please let me know.  The patch is what I sent to the i386 port
> maintainers >2 months ago.  There have been few (one 8-) changes to
> the wd driver since then, but that change is unrelated and this patch
> should apply relatively cleanly.

As I have also the atapi patches installed, I had to split your patch
for three files (wdlink.h, wdc.c and wd.c), but the related points have
not changed so I was able to apply it.

But unfortunatly the new kernel does not show any change (nothing
better, nothing worse.

I still get the trashed resume file, but I noticed one more curriosity:
Normaly I removed the trashed file and copyed a backupversion. This time
I only moved the file to resume.corrupt. Now after a reboot - this file
was ok?! So something really strange is going on.

So thanx for the quick answer, maybe anyone else has an idea on how to
track this down?

Greets
--

   Name  : Thorsten Frueauf            Milano@irc cri@onaliM       //