Subject: Re: Corruption on files read via NFS
To: NetBSD-current Users <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 01/13/1997 18:52:09
After some research, and finding someone else who has run into the
same problem, it appears that my file corruption problems have
nothing to do with NFS or that 486 IDE machine. (This morning the
corruption started appearing on the Pentium machine, which is fully
SCSI, and a few hours after that I started discovering the same
problem on the server itself.)

This appears to be related to the MAXBSIZE problem. The corruption
started appearing after I'd upgraded my Sparc from 28 MB to 40 MB
of memory. Pulling out a 16 MB SIMM appears to have solved the
problem, though it's still too early to tell.

Thanks to everyone who replied to my message with helpful suggestions.

At any rate, sparc users will probably want to note that putting
more than 32 MB or so of RAM in your machine appears to be quite
dangerous at this time. If anyone knows the status of the MAXBSIZE
problem on the sparc, I'd appreicate a follow-up to this message.
If it's sparc-specific, probably current-users should be dropped
when you reply.

cjs

Curt Sampson    cjs@portal.ca		Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.