Subject: Re: DLT drives & NetBSD?
To: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/13/1997 12:03:51
> Heh, here I go again:
>
> Is anyone using DLT tape drives with NetBSD?  If so, I guess they work ok?
> Someone wants to put a DLT drive on a 2940 SCSI card.  Wise or not? :)
>
>   -jm

I have a DLT changer hooked up "for testing" on my machine.  Works pretty
decent, though I don't have a proper changer script for it.  (i.e. I manually
run chio)  Here is what it looks like on my 1.2/i386 machine:

ahb0 at eisa0 slot 3: Adaptec AHA-1740A SCSI
ahb0: interrupting at irq 11
scsibus3 at ahb0
st0 at scsibus3 targ 5 lun 0: <Quantum, DLT4700, CC37> SCSI2 1/sequential removable
st0: drive empty
ch0 at scsibus3 targ 5 lun 1: <Quantum, TZ Media Changer, CC37> SCSI2 8/changer removable
ch0: 7 slots, 1 drive, 1 picker

I've only used it a couple of times so far, but it works fine.  No SCSI bus
locks like on the SS20 under Solaris 2.5.  I was pleasantly surprised that
the changer code supports it perfectly!  I am using it on a 1740, but I would
assume a 2940 should work just as well.

-Andrew