Subject: Re: domestic/usr.bin/passwd errors?
To: None <htodd@fls.portland.or.us>
From: Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/13/1997 10:45:01
>Date: Sat, 11 Jan 1997 20:16:49 -0800 (PST)
>From: Hisashi T Fujinaka <htodd@fls.portland.or.us>
>
>Am I supping or building wrong again? All of a sudden, I had an empty
>domestic/usr.bin/passwd directory. Now it has a Makefile in it.
>
>Either way, my makes bomb with:
>make: don't know how to make kadm_passwd.c. Stop

Usually when something like this occurs I use 'sup -o'; it did fix
this same problem for me.

I think this problem occurs when permissions problems (like mode 700
directories, *ahem*) prevent CVS checkouts of changed sources into the
tree on the sup server.  If you update via sup while the permissions
are broken, sup won't update the hidden files when the permissions are
fixed, because they haven't been 'changed' since your last sup update.

>Last time I was asking questions, I had a
>fever of 102F. That went away for a week and now I have a fever of 101F
>and a sore throat. I'm falling apart.

Hopefully you'll feel better soon.
--
Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>     <URL:http://www.shore.net/~mikel>