Subject: Re: devfs (was Share common code/data across ports?)
To: Eduardo E. Horvath <email@example.com>
From: Grey Wolf <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 01/11/1997 14:19:15
matthew green sez:
* every tried to boot a solaris disk on a machine that it wasn't installed
* on, and wasn't configured basically identically ? ever tried booting
* from a disk that previously didn't exist ?
Rubbish: boot -rs[v] and it should work just fine.
You might need to supply the -b flag as well and perform all the startup
to single-user manually.
* it doesn't work. it fails miserably and horribly and requires at least
* booting from cdrom to fix, or, in some sad cases (sigh), a reinstall!