Subject: Re: Problem with make DESTDIR=...
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Greg Earle <earle@isolar.Tujunga.CA.US>
List: current-users
Date: 01/11/1997 05:17:01
> On Wed, 8 Jan 1997, Grey Wolf wrote:
>
>> [With DESTDIR set...]
>> You still have to install your .mk files in the canonical place, and
>> you need to install your includes in /usr/include, or the 'make build'
>> won't work.
>
> Yes, unfortunately.

Uh, am I missing something?  The "-m" switch to "make" works fine for me.

     -m directory
             Specify a directory in which to search for sys.mk and makefiles
             included via the <...> style.  Multiple directories can be added
             to form a search path.  This path will override the default sys-
             tem include path: /usr/share/mk.  Furthermore the system include
             path will be appended to the search path used for "..."-style in-
             clusions (see the -I option).

When I want to do a "make build" with DESTDIR set, I just go to
/usr/src/share/mk first and do a "make install" with DESTDIR set.  That puts
everything in ${DESTDIR}/usr/share/mk and then I go back to /usr/src with
DESTDIR set, fire up "make -f Makefile.build -m ${DESTDIR}/usr/share/mk build"
and off it runs ...

	- Greg