Subject: Re: ipfilter changes not complete yet?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Christoph Badura <>
List: current-users
Date: 01/10/1997 01:47:00
netbsd@arresum.INka.DE (Bernd Ernesti) writes:
>Where the hell should I know about other device numbers if I DON"T
>USE IT and the driver is NOT in our -current tree and nobody mentioned
>the device numbers on current-users?

I've explained that in the part of my message that you've cut out.

Either you start a registry for major number the same way that PCI
device indentification numbers are managed.  Or you change the kernel
generation process in a way that makes it possible to assign major
number automatically.

Christoph Badura

You don't need to quote my .signature.  Everyone has seen it by now.
Besides, it doesn't add anything to the current thread.