Subject: Re: crash (NCR driver?)
To: Davyd Norris <Davyd.Norris@fcollins.com.au>
From: Giles Lean <giles@nemeton.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 01/09/1997 19:36:48
On Thu, 09 Jan 1997 10:08:46 +1100  Davyd Norris wrote:

> I dunno, but I am willing to make a database of NCR configurations and
> look at it for some ideas. We could start with dmesg output for NCR
> configs, as well as hardware revisions and BIOS versions etc.

Someone was trying to build this information up for FreeBSD around
August last year.  I'm not sure what happened ... I'll ping the guy
who was collecting the information and ask.

I don't think the dmesg output has all the good information, since it
misses:

- BIOS revision (which can be the motherboard)
- termination type (passive or active)
- manufacturer (although this is mostly badge engineering, I think)

Regards,

Giles

P.S. If you start collecting that information I'll send it to you, but
I'm going to have to reboot to get the BIOS revison.